2012 APAS “Help the Needy” Project Report
• Donation starting date: Feb 1 ,2012
• Package making: March 31, 2012
• Event Chair: Li Li
• Advisor: Sun Kim
• Goal: to make 100 care packages. Packages will be donated to local homeless shelters.
• The target donation organization: Covenant House
• There are 27 people from different Asian communities and 3 Asian organizations contributed item or cash to this project
• There are total of 951 bathroom items donated, and plus more than 500 items directly donated from store (worth of $189.9).
• We also received $485 cash that have used to purchase about 200 big items like diapers and shampoos.
• Total of 22 people joined packaging and delivering process to Covenant House.
The following is the list of people who sent donation
Kay Weiss and Albert LeMon
Liu Xiao Yang
Natalie Gaidry De Angelis
Stanley Hamidjaja and Inge Hamidjaja
Teruko Von Bargen
The following organizations donated cash and items:
1. North American Taiwanese Women's Asso.-Flora Jang
2. Organization of Chinese American Women (OCAW)
3. P.A.U.C.L.A.(Philippine American United Council of Louisiana), Evelyn v. Escondo (Philippine Community)
The following young people joined us to pack the100 bags:
Byndiyah and Jay (Jessie's kids)
Katie Woo- Ms. APAS
Chambormy Kim-Ms Cambodia
Karuna (Sokhoeun's daughter)
Special thanks for Vatsana Chanthaia who helped purchasing items for the project even when her injury knee was not fully recovery.